If you purchased the Spectrum Galaxy project and would like to submit a request for something that you believe can improve your experience when creating new levels, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 27, 2022 Version 2.32 (compatible with UE 5.0)
UE5 only updates:
• Added new cups with drinks (static meshes). Please find these under Galaxy/Meshes/Props/Lounge
May 25, 2022 Version 2.31 (compatible with UE 4.25, 4.26, 4.27, and 5.0)
• Static mesh smoothing groups polish pass.
• Edge wear polish pass on trim textures.
April 27, 2022 Version 2.3 (compatible with UE 4.25, 4.26, 4.27, and 5.0)UE4 & UE5 shared updates:
• Updated geometry fidelity for many assets. Tech assets like monitors and consoles are now more detailed.
• Shader updates to increase compatibility with UE5 and improve performance.
UE5 only updates:
• Compatible with both software and hardware ray tracing (software ray tracing is enabled by default).
If your system meets the hardware ray tracing requirements and you wish to enable it. Please enable a setting called "use hardware ray tracing when available". You'll find this setting under project settings, rendering section, under the lumen category.
• Most static meshes are compatible with nanite! (except for foliage, glass, and assets using transparency).
• Lighting was updated to use Lumen global illumination and reflections.
• Added volumetric clouds and updated sky for nighttime lighting scenario.
• Updated intro cinematic to showcase spaceship flying through the volumetric clouds.
• Many more changes to increase compatibility with UE5!
• Added a new map called "Galaxy_Simple_Unlit" that is meant to be a good starting point if you wish to create your own lighting. (found in galaxy/maps/utilities) This map only retained functional blueprints and is void of cinematic sequences. All lights have been removed and "use emissive for static lighting" is off on placed actors. Lighting scenarios have also been removed from this level.
February 12, 2022 Version 2.2 (compatible with UE 4.25, 4.26 and 4.27)• Updated main in game cinematic to showcase additions to this environment and match the latest trailer.
• Updated seasonal tree decoration.
• Added looping animation to the vacuum asset.January 31, 2022 Version 2.1 (compatible with UE 4.25, 4.26 and 4.27)
I retained reflection capture actors, a post process volume, light mass portals, lens flares, and static light fixture placements for your convenience.
• Added modular ladders and lockers. Already assembled versions can be found in the blueprints folder. This was a requested feature.
• Some polish updates to the exterior of the spaceship.
• Added new foliage variants that shade better with baked lighting.
Major Update - Research Lab
January 18, 2022 Version 2.0 (compatible with UE 4.25, 4.26 and 4.27)• Expansion of the example map that introduces a new research lab!
• Interactive screens with fictional company logos (requested feature). Interactive screens have a loading screen, boot logo, and interactive portion. The screen types Includes a new security console display. The interactive portion allows you to turn the screen on or off, change graphics data (swap between a and b), and maximize graphics data.
• New assets including 22 static meshes, 5 textures, 9 particle systems, added material instances, new blueprints and more!
• Updating lighting, additional polish, optimizations and quality of life improvements
August 12, 2021 Version 1.4 (compatible with UE 4.25 and 4.26)• Polish pass on light maps for many assets in order to improve the quality of baked lighting.
• Polish pass on example map. Added more details throughout the level in order to make the spaceship look more inhabited.
• Improved the quality of the night time lighting. Added more detail light fixtures on plants, floors and architecture!
February 24, 2021 Version 1.3 (compatible with UE 4.25 and 4.26)
• Added new blueprints that contain customized arrangements of walls, consoles, and decorations that are meant to help make the process of creating a new space easier and more user friendly.
• Added a new example map titled "Galaxy_Example_Blueprints". This map showcases how the new blueprints can be used.
• Added new floor and wall meshes that expand the library and improve modularity.
February 01, 2021 Version 1.2 (compatible with UE 4.25 and 4.26)• Added new animation titled "AI Assistant". At the start of the level, approach the drone on the right hand side and activate by pressing "E".
• Removed collision from large background props to improve performance.
• Christmas tree decorations are not active by default at night time, now they need to be activated manually by approaching the tree and decorating it.
• Improved material instance parameter groupings and names.
• Made some tweaks to spaceship cinematic animation to enhance realism.
December 31, 2020 Version 1.1 (compatible with UE 4.25)• Added full functionality to UE 4.25! The updates listed below are also present in this version.
December 25, 2020 Version 1.1 (compatible with UE 4.26)
• Added day and night lighting scenarios. To alternate between the day and night cycle in game, look for the sofa in the break room and press "E" to rest.
• Decorating the tree (only available temporarily on the 4.26 version) - During the day time, get close to the tree on the main grand hallway and press "E" to decorate.
• Four material instances added, these are the large moon, a dying star, and lens flare material instances. They are showcased in the night time vista.
• Two new lens flare particles added to create the dying star and glow surrounding some light fixtures.
• Ability to turn voice acting on and off during cinematic on main menu.
• Holographic display on main command center console changes between day and night.
December 17, 2020 Version 1.0 (compatible with UE 4.26)
Spectrum Galaxy is a modular world made in a futuristic sci-fi setting. Invoking the feeling of a hopeful future in a galaxy surrounded by natural beauty and innovation. Where the smallest details are important such as the color of the cup you use for your favorite beverage to the arrangement of an elegant art display. Featuring a futuristic research lab (recent update), command center, large water feature and grand hallways. Spectrum Galaxy has what you need to build your own world that reflects your ideals. Everything from customizable shaders, modular architecture, foliage, lens flares and IES profiles to fine tune your lighting and more! I chose not to hold anything back that would make your experience with this environment enjoyable and am committed to provide technical support.
I’m very excited to see what you will accomplish with these assets. Therefore, I committed to create this environment at a quality that reflects my video game development experience, with the goal to provide you with the best tools I could offer. Not only does the environment contain more than 350 static meshes, but it’s PBR materials are customizable and allow for easy expansion of the asset library.
The variety present in the cinematic is intended to illustrate how the Spectrum Galaxy can be used to in a wide range of applications. I believe these environment assets can be instrumental to bring your project to the next level. I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it!
• Modular architecture (Snapping at a grid of 10 units, small props might need a lower snapping value)
• Foliage with 4k hand-painted textures
• Material instances that are highly customizable; Including water, planets and lens flares
• High-quality lens flare particles
• IES profiles
• Static Meshes have appropriate LODs and light-maps
• In-game sequences
• Trim texture sets allow for easy expansion of the asset library
• Number of Unique Meshes: 405
• Collision: Yes
• Majority of collision meshes are custom, a few are auto-generated, small detail meshes such as wires do not have collision.
• Vertex Count: Static meshes are up to 20,000 vertices (higher detail foliage variants are up to 112,000 vertices)
• LODs: Yes
• Number of Materials and Material Instances:
• 38 Materials (Includes master materials)
• 333 Material Instances
• Number of Textures:
• Total of 120 textures, majority of which are 4k. Lower resolution (less than 2k) textures are often tiled details, light projection colors, or similar.
8192x8192 (8K) = 6
8192x4096 = 2
4096x4096 (4K) = 57
4096x2048 = 13
2048x4096 = 4
2048x2048 = 22
2048x1024 = 1
1024x1024 = 5
1024x512 = 3
512x512 = 3
256x256 = 4
Supported Development Platforms: