December 31, 2020 Version 1.1 (compatible with UE 4.25)• Added full functionality to UE 4.25! The updates listed below are also present in this version.
December 25, 2020 Version 1.1 (compatible with UE 4.26)
• Added day and night lighting scenarios. To alternate between the day and night cycle in game, look for the sofa in the break room and press "E" to rest.
• Decorating the tree (only available temporarily on the 4.26 version) - During the day time, get close to the tree on the main grand hallway and press "E" to decorate.
• Four material instances added, these are the large moon, a dying star, and lens flare material instances. They are showcased in the night time vista.
• Two new lens flare particles added to create the dying star and glow surrounding some light fixtures.
• Ability to turn voice acting on and off during cinematic on main menu.
• Holographic display on main command center console changes between day and night.
December 17, 2020 Version 1.0 (compatible with UE 4.26)
Spectrum Galaxy is a modular world made in a futuristic sci-fi setting. Invoking the feeling of a hopeful future in a galaxy surrounded by natural beauty and innovation. Where the smallest details are important such as the color of the cup you use for your favorite beverage to the arrangement of an elegant art display. Featuring grand hallways, a water feature, and a command center. Spectrum Galaxy has what you need to build your own world that reflects your ideals. Everything from customizable shaders, modular architecture, foliage, lens flares, and IES profiles to fine tune your lighting and more! I chose not to hold anything back that would make your experience with this environment enjoyable and am committed to provide technical support.
I’m very excited to see what you will accomplish with these assets. Therefore, I committed to create this environment at a quality that reflects my video game dev. experience, with the goal to provide you with the best tools I could offer. Not only does the environment contain more than 350 static meshes, but it’s PBR materials are customizable and allow for easy expansion of the asset library.
The variety present in the cinematic is intended to illustrate how the Spectrum Galaxy can be used to in a wide range of applications. I believe these environment assets can be instrumental to bring your project to the next level. I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it!
• Modular architecture (Snapping at a grid of 10 units, small props might need a lower snapping value)
• Foliage with 4k hand-painted textures
• Material instances that are highly customizable; Including water, planets, and lens flares
• High-quality lens flare particles
• IES profiles
• Static Meshes have appropriate LODs and light-maps
• In-game sequences
• Trim texture sets allow for easy expansion of the asset library
• Number of Unique Meshes: 355
• Collision: Yes
• Majority of collision meshes are custom, a few are auto-generated, small detail meshes such as wires do not have collision.
• Vertex Count: Static meshes are up to 20,000 vertices (accounts for large foliage)
• LODs: Yes
• Number of Materials and Material Instances:
• 36 Materials (Includes master materials)
• 289 Material Instances
• Number of Textures:
• Total of 116 textures, majority of which are 4k. Lower resolution (less than 2k) textures are often tiled details, light projection colors, or similar.
8192x8192 (8K) = 6
8192x4096 = 2
4096x4096 (4K) = 57
4096x2048 = 9
2048x4096 = 4
2048x2048 = 22
2048x1024 = 1
1024x1024 = 5
1024x512 = 3
512x512 = 3
256x256 = 4
Supported Development Platforms: